- 1 The Ultimate Boho Wedding Guide – Real Bohemian Wedding Ideas & Inspiration For The Free-Spirited Bride!
- 2 10 Dos and Don’ts For The Perfect Bohemian Wedding
- 3 Helpful Resources For Your Bohemian-Themed Wedding
- 3.1 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.1.1 What Kind of Floral Arrangements Suit a Boho Wedding?
- 3.1.2 How Do I Choose the Right Color Palette for My Boho Wedding?
- 3.1.3 Are Boho Weddings Only Suitable for Outdoor Venues?
- 3.1.4 What Defines A Boho Wedding Dress?
- 3.1.5 What Type of Music Fits a Boho Wedding Theme?
- 3.1.6 Can I Incorporate Boho Elements Into My Wedding Catering?
- 3.1.7 What Invitations Best Suit a Boho Wedding?
- 3.1.8 How Do I Choose a Boho Wedding Cake?
- 3.1 Frequently Asked Questions
The Ultimate Boho Wedding Guide – Real Bohemian Wedding Ideas & Inspiration For The Free-Spirited Bride!
As a wedding photographer, one of the things I really love is when a couple mixes their personality and style into the wedding day. Not only did Sean and Alex do this for their outdoor wedding but they did it in a way that was beyond awesome. What they did was throw a kick ass party called Wedstock: a 1960s Woodstock-themed boho wedding. The bridesmaids dresses were boho chic, black biker attire was the choice for groomsmen, and the wedding guest style was vintage. From bold colors and textures to Harley Davidson motorcycles decorating the wedding ceremony site, this boho-chic wedding was created to inspire And that is why I am so excited to share it with you. Below, are some of the photos from Alex and Sean’s 1960s boho-style wedding. I hope this wedding inspires you in your wedding planing journey!
10 Dos and Don’ts For The Perfect Bohemian Wedding
Ah, the bohemian wedding theme – a style that has taken the wedding world by storm with its enchanting allure and free-spirited elegance. For couples aiming to create an atmosphere filled with whimsical charm and a relaxed vibe, the boho wedding theme is a perfect choice. But just like any wedding theme, it comes with its own set of dos and don’ts to ensure the authenticity and beauty of the celebration. In this guide, we will navigate through the essential dos and don’ts to help you curate the ultimate boho wedding, keeping in line with its core values while making sure every detail resonates with the unconventional and artistic spirit of bohemian culture. So, let’s dive in and explore how you can seamlessly weave the magic of boho chic into your special day.
10 Things You Need To Do For Your Boho Wedding
- Embrace Nature: Boho weddings thrive in outdoor settings. Consider venues like gardens, beaches, or woodlands that provide a natural and serene backdrop.
- Incorporate a Variety of Textures and Patterns: Mix and match different materials and designs in your decor, attire, and linens to achieve a relaxed, eclectic vibe.
- Use Soft, Warm Lighting: String lights, lanterns, and candles can create a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
- Choose Flowy, Relaxed Attire: Opt for comfortable and laid-back clothing styles, such as flowy dresses for women and casual suits or attire for men.
- Incorporate Natural Elements in Your Decor: Use items like wood, stones, feathers, and greenery in your centerpieces, bouquets, and other decor.
- Utilize Vintage and Handmade Items: Incorporate vintage furniture, handmade crafts, and unique finds to add character to your wedding setup.
- Choose a Soft, Earthy Color Palette: Stick to soft, muted tones like beiges, browns, greens, and pastels.
- Incorporate a Casual Seating Arrangement: Consider lounge areas with cushions, blankets, and low seating to encourage a relaxed environment.
- Emphasize Personal and Meaningful Touches: Integrate personal items, family heirlooms, or handmade decorations to make your wedding feel more intimate and special.
- Keep the Atmosphere Relaxed and Joyful: Ensure the overall vibe of your wedding is laid-back and celebratory, encouraging guests to mingle, dance, and enjoy the moment
10 Things To Do Avoid Boho Wedding
- Avoid Overly Formal Settings: Boho weddings usually have a more laid-back atmosphere, so a very formal venue might not align with this theme.
- Steer Clear of Rigid Schedules: Allow some flexibility in your wedding day timeline to keep the vibe relaxed and enjoyable for everyone.
- Skip the Traditional Attire: Traditional, structured wedding dresses and suits may not fit the boho aesthetic; opt for more relaxed and flowy options instead.
- Limit the Use of Bright, Bold Colors: While pops of color can be beautiful, sticking to a softer color palette will help maintain a boho feel.
- Avoid Mass-Produced Decor: Instead of buying all your decor, consider making some items yourself or sourcing unique pieces from artisans or vintage stores.
- Don’t Skimp on the Greenery: Plants and flowers play a big role in boho decor, so make sure to incorporate plenty of them throughout your venue.
- Avoid Being Too Matchy-Matchy: Part of the boho charm is its eclectic nature, so try to avoid having everything too coordinated.
- Don’t Forget About Comfort: Ensure that both you and your guests will be comfortable throughout the event, especially if it’s outdoors.
- Don’t Neglect the Music: A great playlist or live band can help set the perfect boho atmosphere.
- Avoid Underestimating the Details: Paying attention to the small details of your decor, attire, and overall setup can really bring the whole boho theme together.
Planning a Boho wedding is all about embracing a relaxed, nature-inspired aesthetic while ensuring a joyful and comfortable atmosphere for you and your wedding guests. By following these guidelines, you’re on your way to creating a beautiful, memorable event that perfectly captures the Bohemian spirit. Enjoy the process, infuse your personality into the details, and most importantly, celebrate love in your unique, Boho-chic style.
Helpful Resources For Your Bohemian-Themed Wedding
Okay, so now you’re sold on the idea of a bohemian style summer wedding. Great! But how do you choose the right boho wedding colors, bridesmaids dresses, and everything else? First of all, draw some inspiration from Sean and Alex’s wedding featured in this article. Next, search Pinterest alongside some of the popular wedding blogs. Below, are some of the resources I typically provide brides and grooms who tell me they want a beautiful boho wedding:
- Pinterest Boho Wedding Ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/rusticwedchic/boho-wedding-ideas/
- Green Wedding Shoes: https://greenweddingshoes.com/category/real-weddings/bohemian-weddings/
- Etsy Boho Wedding Decor: https://www.etsy.com/market/boho_wedding_decor
Frequently Asked Questions
What Kind of Floral Arrangements Suit a Boho Wedding?
Boho weddings often feature lush, wild, and natural floral arrangements. Look for a floral designer who can create bouquets and centerpieces with dried flowers, greenery, and unexpected elements. Bohemian wedding bouquets often have a just-picked look, enhancing the free-spirited vibe of the day. Incorporating flowers in your hair or a flower crown can also complement the boho chic theme.
How Do I Choose the Right Color Palette for My Boho Wedding?
For a boho wedding, you’ll want to choose a color palette that reflects earthy tones and natural beauties. Think of burnt orange, deep reds, and sage green as potential main colors. Accent these with softer pastels to create a balanced and harmonious look. These colors work well for everything from your boho wedding dress to your wedding decorations.
Are Boho Weddings Only Suitable for Outdoor Venues?
No, boho weddings are versatile and you can adapt them to various settings. While outdoor boho weddings are popular, you can bring the bohemian vibe indoors with the right decorations and themes. Use boho wedding décor, including dream catchers, floral arrangements, and rustic elements, to transform any space. This ensures your boho wedding feels authentic, regardless of the venue.
What Defines A Boho Wedding Dress?
According to the Palm Springs wedding planners I spoke with for this article, a bohemian wedding gown boasts a laid-back, unconventional, and frequently playful design. These dresses typically feature airy, free-flowing materials like chiffon, lace, and organza.
What Type of Music Fits a Boho Wedding Theme?
Opt for acoustic, indie, or folk music to create a laid-back and intimate atmosphere. Consider live bands that specialize in these genres or curate a playlist that captures the free-spirited vibe of a Bohemian wedding. This will ensure your musical backdrop aligns perfectly with your beautiful boho wedding theme.
Can I Incorporate Boho Elements Into My Wedding Catering?
Absolutely, you can bring the boho style into your wedding catering. Focus on fresh, organic, and locally sourced ingredients to create a menu that reflects the natural and free-spirited ethos of a Bohemian wedding. Consider buffet-style or family-style serving to keep the dining experience relaxed and communal. This approach complements the intimate weddings typical of the Boho theme. Do this for drinks as well by hiring a mixologist who can work with you to create awesome signature cocktails!
What Invitations Best Suit a Boho Wedding?
Choose designs that incorporate earthy colors, floral patterns, or rustic elements. Handwritten fonts or calligraphy add a personal touch, aligning well with the laid-back, artistic vibe of Bohemian weddings. Ensure your invitations set the tone for your special day, giving guests a sneak peek into your beautiful boho celebration.
How Do I Choose a Boho Wedding Cake?
I would suggest a design that incorporates earthy tones, floral accents, or even dried floral decorations. Naked cakes or cakes with minimal icing also fit the Bohemian style well. These choices ensure your boho wedding cake complements the rest of your wedding décor ideas seamlessly. The best advice? Speak with your wedding planner and cake designer so they can help make the cake fit into your unique boho wedding style.
About Ryan Horban
My name is Ryan Horban and I am a wedding photographer located in Palm Springs, California. I hope you found this article helpful, and it really guides you to creating the most romantic wedding possible!