Palm Springs Wedding At Cree Estate
Palm Springs is a trendy spot for destination weddings and that is really f***ing awesome for me. Why you might ask? Well, the reason is that it gives me the opportunity to meet awesome people from other countries in the comfort of my own backyard! That means I get to avoid the whole TSA guys grabbing my nuts at airport security. And honestly, I try to keep the recreational nut grabbing by strange men to a minimum. I really don’t know how to transition from that last sentence into Kate and Scott’s Palm Springs wedding at Cree Estate but I am going to give it my best shot now! So Kate (From Australia) met Scott (From England) when they were both living in Whistler, Canada during ski season. They quickly became friends over mutual stories and dreams of adventure, travel and world domination. And when Kate’s visa was up Scott followed her to Australia. He tried to spin it by saying that he just really wanted to visit Australia so he could scratch a koala bear’s tummy but Kate knew the truth. Well, Scott was able to find a koala bear in Australia but he also found his soul mate in Kate (who was also less hairy and did not have ticks). The rest, as they say, is history! Below are some of the photographs of Scott and Kate’s Palm Springs wedding at historic Cree Estate! Cheers!
Why A Destination Wedding In Palm Springs (From Kate)
1. Los Angeles is exactly half way between Sydney and London, and as we are both very close to our families, and have loads of great friends, we needed to make it fair for everyone.
2. Most Aussies have their destinations in Bali or Thailand and the beach wedding thing is SO done out here, so we wanted something different.
3. I work in travel and have sent lots of clients out to Palm Springs as a part of their travels, and people always rave about how rad it is! The modernism, the desert, the fact that it’s SO different to Australia appealed.
4. We needed somewhere that had great weather and mild temperatures. My English in-laws don’t cope with the heat too well, so a winter wedding in the desert seemed like a great solution. Oh, and the fact that Palm Springs has about 360 days of sunshine is also pretty awesome for a wedding.
5. Andddd, we both love skiing/snowboarding, so we were thinking that it makes for a good base to head off for a USA ski trip, with some of our mates afterwards.
Cree Estate Wedding 2019
Words From The Palm Springs Bride
My very lovely English lad and I knew we would be dragging about 50-70 of our nearest to Cree Estate with us to Palm Springs for our destination wedding. Unfortunately, having a destination wedding in Palm Springs also meant that many of our favorite people wouldn’t be able to attend, so wedding photos that really capture the vibe and fun of the day (and weren’t the same boring wedding photos) was a real priority for us when it came to photography.
Historic Cree Estate Wedding
Cree Estate Wedding Favorite Moment
With such an intimate group of friends and family at this Cree Estate wedding, there were many rad moments and good vibes. And let me also first say that Cree Estate is a real kick ass Cathedral City wedding venue that had a ton of awesome spots for photography! But back to my favorite moment from the wedding, which was when Kate’s brother took his shoe off, filled it with beer, and drank right out from his shoe. That was the start because after he slammed his shoe beer he tossed the shoe into the night sky and somehow it came right back down and knocked the beer bottle out of his hand. Had to be a million to one shot!
Cheers to Kate and Scott for an epic Cree Estate wedding in Palm Springs! You two and your friends/family were seriously all awesome! I hope you got a ton of snow on your ski trip and that we cross paths again in the near future. Beers will be on me!
Those interested in viewing more Palm Springs wedding action can check out Sharon and Matt’s small wedding photos at Moorten’s Botanical Garden I captured earlier this year!
Cree Estate Wedding Palm Springs
67698 Carey Road, Cathedral City, California 92234