How To Plan A Joshua Tree Wedding Proposal
Inspiration For Your Joshua Tree Proposal
If you planning a surprise proposal, one of the hardest things to do is choose a location for such a special moment. Although Southern California has no shortage of beautiful spots, the Mojave desert is quickly becoming the destination for wildly romantics seeking an organic location for their wedding proposal. Whether you want to ask your partner to marry you inside Joshua Tree National Park or at a cozy AirBnB in nearby Yucca Valley, below are some helpful tips that will provide inspiration for your adventurous marriage proposal!
For tips on beautiful spots for your Joshua Tree proposal checkout my Elopement Guide!
Joshua Tree Surprise Proposal At An AirBnB
AirBnBs are a popular setting for moody engagement sessions and private elopements, but did you also know that they can be the perfect spot for a surprise proposal in Joshua Tree? Above are some recent photographs from a client I worked with who wanted to propose to his girlfriend in a natural outdoor setting that was romantic and private. After a quick 15-minute phone consultation where the client told me the vision they had for the surprise proposal, I connected him with an event planner who was able to turn those ideas into a reality. The end result was a stunning candle-lit entryway to the AirBnB decorated with warm blankets and earth-toned pillows. And how could I possibly forget the ice-cold Veuve Clicquot champagne to chase down the handcrafted meat and cheese platter! The end result was tears, laughter, excitement, and a special moment that was documented forever when she said yes!
Investment For Romantic Proposal In Joshua Tree
- Two days at an AirBnB located in Yucca Valley with a gorgeous view of the Mojave Desert $450
- Designer to help you create a custom proposal for your one-of-a-kind love story: $700-$1,000
- Adventurous photographer to capture every detail in a candid, unposed style: $600-$900
Helpful Tip: Investing in a good photographer for your surprise proposal is the best thing you can do because you can use the proposal photos for your save-the-dates instead of paying for engagement photos!
Proposal In Joshua Tree National Park
AirBnBs can provide a very romantic, intimate setting for a surprise proposal, but if you are looking for something a little simpler to plan then consider proposing inside Joshua Tree National Park. I mean what more do you need than some glorious metamorphic rocks, majestic Joshua trees, and chilled champagne? Joshua Tree has a peaceful and deeply tranquil energy that calls to the adventurous couple who has a connection with Nature. But before you propose to your girlfriend or boyfriend in the desert there are some things you need to know ahead of time!
5 Things To Know About Proposing In Joshua Tree
- The entry fee for the park is $25 per vehicle
- The fee for a Special Park Use Permit (wedding photography, proposal photos, etc) is $120.00
- Consider the weather before setting a date as the Summer months are uncomfortably hot
- If you want to propose at one of the iconic spots in Joshua Tree (Skull Rock, Keys View, etc) and want privacy, consider proposing on a weekday when there are fewer crowds or during the winter months when the park is less crowded.
For more information about Special Park Use Permits please click here.
Where Should I Propose To My Girlfriend (Or Boyfriend)?
So where are the best spots to propose in Joshua Tree national park? First of all, there are a number of fantastic hiking trails that are great locations to get down on one knee and ask your partner to marry you. These trails include Ryan Mountain Trail, Barker Dam Nature Trail, Arch Rock Nature Trail, Mastodon Peak Loop Trail, and Lost Horse Mine Trail. Other awesome spots inside the park include:
- Cap Rock: A stunning outdoor location that also includes a 0.4 easy hike that has all the iconic scenery of the park including rock formations, Joshua trees, and open desert areas perfect for taking in a sunset in the Mojave desert!
- Skull Rock: This famous attraction is alongside the east-west park road is the perfect backdrop for the edgier couple.
- Literally Anywhere In The National Park: There is so much beauty everywhere in Joshua Tree that anywhere you choose to get down on one knee will be awesome. You will have a stunning landscape, pink cotton candy sunsets, and be in one of the most serene places anywhere in the world. No need to overthink it!
If you are looking for a wedding photographer, engagement photography, or someone who has shot numerous events like the adventurous surprise proposal you are currently planning, feel free to reach out to me using the contact form! I have documented hundreds of desert love stories and would be glad to help guide you through a Joshua Tree proposal!