- 1 Newport Beach Wedding Photography
- 2 5 Luxury Wedding Venues Near Newport Beach, California
- 3 Orange County Beach Cities Wedding Photography
- 4 Kyle & Amanda – The Newport Beach Bride & Groom
- 5 Newport Beach Wedding Photographer – Frequently Asked Questions
Newport Beach Wedding Photography
So you are planning an Orange County wedding in Newport Beach. Awesome! Congrats! I am a wedding photographer based in Southern California, and have over 10 years of experience documenting weddings in Laguna Beach, San Juan Capistrano and everywhere throughout the OC. That means I have captured hundreds of thousands of photos of so many amazing couples. And in that time, I have been to iconic spots such as the Newport Beach Pier and so many local hidden gems. And that is the reason why I created this article: to help you find a Newport Beach wedding photographer and guide you to your dream OC wedding. Now, let’s look go over some venue options, FAQs, and Newport Beach photography of a recent wedding I captured.
5 Luxury Wedding Venues Near Newport Beach, California
Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa – A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
As a Newport Beach wedding photographer, I’ve seen the grandeur that Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa brings to wedding ceremonies. This Tribute Portfolio Hotel bathes your special day in sophistication and modern elegance, with versatile indoor and outdoor spaces to choose from. The venue sits amidst Costa Mesa’s artistic community, offering a contemporary backdrop for your wedding photos.
- Guest Capacity: Up to 250 guests, accommodating both intimate and grand ceremonies.
- Venue Type: Ballrooms and outdoor lakeside spaces are available.
- Approximate Cost: Starting at around $120 per person, including catering.
- Location: 3350 Avenue of the Arts, Costa Mesa, CA 92626.
- Unique Features: Luxurious on-site accommodations for you and your guests.
Orange County Museum of Art
The Orange County Museum of Art provides a distinctive and artistic setting for your wedding day. Surrounded by stunning contemporary art, this venue allows for a visually rich experience. As a wedding photographer, I appreciate the unique backdrops it provides, making your wedding album stand out.
- Guest Capacity: Ideal for up to 150 guests.
- Venue Type: Indoor gallery spaces.
- Approximate Cost: Varies depending on space and event duration.
- Location: 1661 W Sunflower Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92704.
- Unique Features: Art collections serve as a unique backdrop for wedding photos.
Montage Laguna Beach
For a lavish celebration with breathtaking ocean views, Montage Laguna Beach stands out. The coastal setting and range of luxurious spaces make it a favorite among Newport Beach wedding photographers. The venue offers both outdoor and indoor options, ensuring a picturesque setting regardless of where you choose to hold your ceremony.
- Guest Capacity: Various spaces for both intimate and grand weddings.
- Venue Type: Outdoor and indoor options, including lawns and ballrooms.
- Approximate Cost: Starts at around $200 per person.
- Location: 30801 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651.
- Unique Features: On-site accommodations and luxurious amenities.
The Richard Nixon Library
The Richard Nixon Library combines historical elegance with grandeur, making it a standout venue in Orange County. Its sprawling gardens and impressive interiors provide a variety of backdrops for wedding photography. This venue ensures a sense of prestige and elegance to your celebration.
- Guest Capacity: Up to 500 guests.
- Venue Type: Indoor and outdoor spaces, including gardens and the East Room.
- Approximate Cost: Venue rental starts at approximately $1,500.
- Location: 18001 Yorba Linda Blvd, Yorba Linda, CA 92886.
- Unique Features: The venue’s historical significance adds a unique touch to your wedding.
Inn at the Mission San Juan Capistrano
The Inn at the Mission San Juan Capistrano offers a blend of tradition, romance, and natural beauty. Its Spanish architecture and lush gardens provide a tranquil setting for your wedding day. As a wedding photographer, I can attest to the unique and charming backdrops it provides for your photos.
- Guest Capacity: Up to 300 guests.
- Venue Type: Indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Approximate Cost: Starting at around $150 per person.
- Location: 31692 El Camino Real, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675.
- Unique Features: Proximity to the historic Mission San Juan Capistrano.
Orange County Beach Cities Wedding Photography
Are you searching for the perfect wedding venue in Orange County? Awesome! With over 12 years experience as a wedding photographer, I will do my best to guide you to some kick ass spot. In Newport Beach, the Environmental Nature Center stands out with its modern, eco-friendly design. Laguna Beach’s Seven Degrees offers an artistic touch with stunning vistas, perfect for unique celebrations. Meanwhile, Seacliff Country Club in Huntington Beach presents sprawling lawns and elegant spaces, blending nature and luxury seamlessly. As we move forward, I’ll share more about these specific venues in each city, providing insights from previous shoots to help make your wedding photos truly special.
Discover the charm of Newport Beach as your ultimate wedding backdrop, right in the heart of Orange County. At the Environmental Nature Center, you’ll find a contemporary, green sanctuary, ideal for a chic and earthy celebration. With abundant gardens and a forest embrace, Newport Beach provides a photographer’s dream for post-ceremony portraits. Your vows will find a unique echo in the architecture, large windows, and wildlife, making every moment memorable. For a more laid-back vibe, hit the sands at Beachcomber Café at Crystal Cove. It’s a beach lover’s paradise for an informal ‘I do’ with the ocean as your audience. Under the warm, California sun, your wedding photos here will tell a story of love and the Pacific.
Move along the coast to Laguna Beach, where Seven Degrees and La Casa del Camino await. At Seven Degrees, modern art meets intimate celebration, with views to leave your guests speechless. With a capacity of 150, it’s perfect for a cozy, unforgettable party. For photographers in Laguna Beach, this is a dream venue. Equally captivating, La Casa del Camino brings Spanish charm and panoramic Pacific views. Your guests will relish staying in this boutique waterfront hotel, making your wedding a mini-vacation. Your Laguna Beach wedding photos will capture the essence of California love.
Next stop: Huntington Beach, where the Seacliff Country Club unfolds in green lawns and Palm trees sway. It’s a favorite among Huntington Beach photographers for its expansive venues and breathtaking lake views. Think big reception, lots of guests, and endless fun. For photos, explore the lush gardens, capturing family and bridal party moments. Also, check out The Red Horse Barn at Huntington Central Park Equestrian Center. Here, nature meets equestrian elegance, perfect for a rustic, outdoor ceremony. Your decorative touches will shine here, from floral arrangements to DIY details. In the end, these Orange County beach cities promise a wedding full of sunshine, love, and unforgettable photography.
Kyle & Amanda – The Newport Beach Bride & Groom
So you learned about some wedding venues in Newport Beach, CA, cool photography spots in nearby counties, and saw some photos captured by my photography company. Now, I feel like I should at least tell you a little bit about the couple whose portrait photography you’ve been looking at in this blog. The bride’s name is Amanda and the groom is Kyle.
First of all, Amanda and Kyle opted to pass on an engagement session so they could save some cash to purchase matching samurai swords. That meant our first face-to-face encounter would be on their wedding day, and since wedding day coverage was only 5 hours I knew it was going to be a very fast moving day. Sort of like if a typical wedding day smoked a bunch of crack. The shorter wedding coverage time also meant we would have to miss some stuff like the bride getting ready and the groomsmen waking up hungover and quickly throwing on their tuxedos. Epic shots for sure but probably nothing that would be framed in the house so it’s fine.
We rocked the bridesmaids and groomsmen photos before the ceremony at a Newport Beach golf clubhouse. Amanda and Kyle left the wedding ceremony in a vintage Mercedes where we did some portraits and family photos near some olive trees before heading to Kyle’s grandpa’s house for the wedding reception. There was dinner, dancing, drinking and a whole lot of whiskey shooting good times. Below are some of the wedding photos from that day of Amanda and Kyle’s Newport Beach wedding! Cheers.
Newport Beach Wedding Photographer – Frequently Asked Questions
If You Are Booked On My Wedding Date Can You Recommend Other Wedding Photographers In Newport?
Yes, there are some very talented Newport Beach wedding photographer and videographer companies that provide service to Huntington Beach, Los Angeles, and all of the OC I would be more than happy to recommend! Please note, I would only recommend vendors who I either worked with in the past and have amazing online reviews.
Do You Offer Services Outside Of Wedding Photography?
Yes, I also offer services for engagement photos, maternity photography, and event photography to clients anywhere in Orange County! However, if you wanted video services, I would have to give you a referral of a OC wedding videographer.
What Are Some Cool Things To Do After The Wedding Day In Newport Beach, CA?
Beyond the ceremony and celebration, you might be thinking of ways to keep your guests entertained. Newport Beach offers a ton of awesome activities that promise a memorable time for everyone. Here’s a list of cool things to do in Newport Beach, CA you can include on wedding invitations for your guests so they explore the area after your wedding!
- Stroll around Balboa Pier and Fun Zone. Encourage your guests to experience the lively atmosphere of Balboa Pier. They can enjoy a leisurely walk, try out fishing, or even ride the Ferris wheel at the Fun Zone.
- Biking on Balboa Peninsula. Suggest a fun cycling adventure along the Balboa Peninsula. It’s a great way for your guests to see the sights, discover local shops, and enjoy the coastal vibes.
- Explore Balboa Island. A quick ferry ride takes your guests to the charming Balboa Island. They can indulge in delicious treats like the famous frozen banana, browse through quaint boutiques, and take in the scenic views.
- Adventures at Newport Dunes. For those who love water activities, Newport Dunes is the place to be. From paddle boarding to sailing, it offers a variety of water sports that are perfect for an adventurous day out.
- Shopping and Dining at Fashion Island. Recommend a visit to Fashion Island for those who enjoy upscale shopping and dining. With its lush gardens and wide array of shops and restaurants, it’s a luxurious experience your guests will love.
Each of these activities offers a unique way for your guests to celebrate and enjoy their time in Newport Beach. They’ll leave with fond memories of your wedding and the amazing experiences they had in this coastal paradise.
About Newport Beach Wedding Photographer Ryan Horban
Ryan Horban is a Newport Beach wedding photographer and considered one of the best in Orange County according to reviews on The Knot. You can learn more about him by visiting his wedding website here: https://ryanhorban.com/