- 1 San Luis Obispo Wedding Photography
- 1.1 Top 5 San Luis Obispo Photographer FAQs
- 1.1.1 San Luis Obispo Wedding Photos
- 126.96.36.199.1 1. How did you become a San Luis Obispo wedding photographer?
- 188.8.131.52.2 2. What is your favorite San Luis Obispo wedding venue?
- 184.108.40.206.3 3. Any San Luis Obispo wedding photography tips?
- 220.127.116.11.4 4. Describe your SLO wedding photography style?
- 18.104.22.168.5 5. Affordable San Luis Obispo wedding photography. Can you help with that?
- 1.1.1 San Luis Obispo Wedding Photos
- 1.2 San Luis Obispo Elopement Photographer
- 1.3 San Luis Obispo Wedding Photographer Cost
- 1.4 San Luis Obispo Wedding Venues
- 1.5 San Luis Obispo Wedding Venues Barn
- 1.6 Best Time of Year To Get Married In San Luis Obispo
- 1.7 California Central Coast Wedding Photographers
- 1.1 Top 5 San Luis Obispo Photographer FAQs
San Luis Obispo Wedding Photography
If you are thinking about planning a destination wedding in San Luis Obispo there is a lot you need to know. Like what are the best barn wedding venues in SLO, or when is the best time of year to get married on the California Central Coast? So before you put down the deposit on the first vineyard in Edna Valley Wine Country you visit, or buy that wedding dress (okay you can totally buy the dress!), let me provide some helpful information about getting married in San Luis Obispo. And of course, San Luis Obispo wedding photography!
Since 2011, I have photographed hundreds of coastal and outdoor weddings, focusing on the creation of photographs that are candid, authentic, and un-posed. The goal of my San Luis Obispo wedding photography is to blend emotion and photojournalism while capturing all cool shit that epitomizes the modern, rustic, SLO barn weddings.
I invite you to click through my photo journal (blog) and view the galleries of recent destination weddings I captured throughout the California Central Coast. If you like my style and are interested in booking me to be your San Luis Obispo wedding photographer please do not hesitate to contact me. Say hello by using the contact form, shoot me a text message at 951-704-9503, or fill out the wedding form below so I can hear more about your SLO wedding and your vision for the day! Cheers! – Ryan
Top 5 San Luis Obispo Photographer FAQs
San Luis Obispo Wedding Photos
1. How did you become a San Luis Obispo wedding photographer?
A few years ago, an engaged couple discovered my wedding photography through my Instagram profile and booked me for their Spreafico Farms wedding. This was my first time shooting at one of the barn wedding venues in San Luis Obispo county or any venue for that matter. The entire experience from shooting the SLO wedding to having cocktails at the Madonna Inn was incredible. From that moment, I fell in love with the Central California Coast and decided to provide San Luis Obispo wedding photographer services to couples seeking SLO weddings.
2. What is your favorite San Luis Obispo wedding venue?
The best part about getting married in SLO is that there are so many rad San Luis Obispo wedding venues. For couples seeking barn wedding venues in San Luis Obispo, I always encourage them to check out Spreafico Farms because of the stunning views of the wedding ceremony site that overlooks the family cattle and vegetable ranch. For couples seeking rustic, outdoor wedding venues San Luis Obispo, Greengate Ranch & Vineyard is the perfect setting. However, my personal favorite wedding venue in SLO is the Madonna Inn. This iconic location is so colorful and fun that it is easy for any San Luis Obispo wedding photographer to crush it.
3. Any San Luis Obispo wedding photography tips?
Couples with SLO weddings that are planned for the summer and will be hosted at one of the more inland San Luis Obispo wedding venues should be aware that temperatures in the area can get into the triple digits. Therefore, it is important to be mindful of this, dressing and planning accordingly.
4. Describe your SLO wedding photography style?
Describing my San Luis Obispo wedding photography would be like trying to describe the eccentric clothing style of Tiger King, Joe Exotic. It is colorful, full of life, a little bit weird, but no matter what you do it still sucks you in. Honestly, as a San Luis Obispo wedding photographer, I simply try to position myself to shoot in the most flattering light for my couples then let the events of a wedding day occur as naturally as possible. I focus my attention on the decor, the guest and the couple to capture as many authentic, unposed moments throughout the day in the least intrusive fashion as possible.
5. Affordable San Luis Obispo wedding photography. Can you help with that?
Excellent question! My wife and I self-financed our destination wedding so I totally understand the mindset of couples looking for affordable San Luis Obispo wedding photographers. This is why I have San Luis Obispo wedding packages for elopements and small weddings that start at $700 an hour, but can always customize something for each bride and groom to fit their personal needs. I also work with some very talented associate San Luis Obispo wedding photographers who are roughly half the cost of my photography rates. So no matter what your budget is we got your SLO wedding covered!
San Luis Obispo Elopement Photographer
Tips For Eloping In San Luis Obispo
Choosing to have an intimate wedding ceremony on the Central Coast and elope in San Luis Obispo is something many adventurous couples are now doing. And why are so many couples eloping in San Luis Obispo? The first reason is that by eloping a couple can save money, avoid wedding planning stress, and most importantly actually enjoy every moment of the wedding experience! The second reason is that there many amazing San Luis Obispo elopement locations to choose from like a Prarie Victorian-style spot in the Point San Luis Lighthouse, on the sand in Pismo Beach, or one of the stunning Paso Robles wineries. Once a couple decides to elope in SLO, the most important tip is to find a San Luis Obispo elopement photographer to document the entire wedding experience from the romantic vows to the post-ceremony champagne toasts. The best part is a San Luis Obispo elopement photographer can even help show an eloping couple the most instagrammable places in San Luis Obispo like the Madonna Inn so the wedding photos are truly unique.
Are you and your fiancée thinking considering a San Luis Obispo elopement? Then take a moment to check out my free San Luis Obispo elopement wedding guide! The SLO elopement guide details everything a couple should know about eloping in San Luis Obispo!
San Luis Obispo Wedding Photographer Cost
How much does an SLO wedding photographer cost?
The best San Luis Obispo wedding photographer studios provide packages for elopements, small weddings, and the larger more traditional weddings. Any bride and groom wondering how much a wedding photographer in SLO costs should anticipate investing $700 an hour for San Luis Obispo elopement packages. For couples who require 8-10 hours of wedding photography coverage, the average cost is approximately $4,800. Engaged couples getting married in SLO who want additional add-ons such as an engagement session, multiple shooters, prints, or a wedding album, can expect to pay roughly $1,000-$2,500 more for their San Luis Obispo wedding photography investment.
San Luis Obispo Wedding Venues
Best Wedding Venues Central Coast
From the coastal beaches on the Pacific Ocean to the barn venues around the Santa Lucia Mountain Range, there truly are few places as magical as San Luis Obispo to get married. What is so special about SLO is that the Central Coast has a little bit of everything for couples looking for the perfect wedding venue in San Luis Obispo. So if you are considering a destination wedding in SLO, below are some of the best venues on the central coast!
- Madonna Inn: If you ever dreamed about having an epic wedding where the theme was pink then check out this iconic San Luis Obispo wedding venue. Honestly, the Madonna Inn is one of the most unique places anywhere so even if you don’t get married there at least stop by for some cold cocktails and cake!
- Higuera Ranch: 80 acres of outdoor goodness and the perfect barn wedding venue setting, Higuera Ranch offers a number of amenities that include an olive grove, hiking trail, and numerous spots for a San Luis Obispo wedding photographer to capture magical golden light in SLO
- Spreafico Farms: I really love this barn wedding venue, and the family manages the property are very kind people. What makes Spreafico Farms special is the wedding ceremony site with a 360 view of the SLO mountains. Guests are actually driven to the ceremony site via golf cart.
- See Canyon Fruit Ranch: Nestled on the Central Coast of SLO, this outdoor wedding venue is surrounded by oak trees and picturesque apple orchard. So if you want to say your wedding vows surrounded by nature then check this venue out!
- Greengate Ranch & Vineyard: For the most epic SLO weddings, this venue offers a towering wood barn dating back to the 1800s, stunning views of the winery, and the ability to host 700 guests. Greengate Ranch & Vineyard is expensive, but it really is one of the best wedding venues in San Luis Obispo for the bride who wants a romantic, elegant, and vintage SLO wedding.
- Flying Caballos Guest Ranch: A sprawling farmhouse located on a ranch in Edna Valley Wine Country, this SLO barn wedding venue offers both a luxury and rustic feel
- Ernest Hemingway Winery: One of the newest SLO wedding venues in wine country, Ernest Hemingway Winery is an ideal setting for any bride seeking a modern vineyard wedding.
San Luis Obispo Wedding Venues Barn
The 7 Best Barn Wedding Venues Central Coast California
One of the best reasons to get married on the Central California Coast is that there are so many unique outdoor San Luis Obispo wedding venues to choose from. In fact, some of the coolest barn wedding venues can be found in San Luis Obispo County! So for those brides who want to say their wedding vows in a more rustic scene, here is our list of the 7 best barn wedding in San Luis Obispo!
- Spreafico Farms
- The White Barn Edna Valley
- Greengate Ranch San Luis Obispo
- Holland Ranch
- Higuera Ranch
- Flying Caballos Ranch San Luis Obispo
- La Cuesta Ranch
Best Time of Year To Get Married In San Luis Obispo
The California Central Coast is one of the most stunning locations for a wedding, and with a temperate climate nearly all year long, there are so many great times of the year to get married in San Luis Obispo! The typical “wedding season” in San Luis Obispo stretches from April-October. This is widely recognized as the best time of year to get married in San Luis Obispo as Spring through Fall daytime temperatures range from 60F-100F. The more inland locations around SLO and Paso Robles will experience the warmer temperatures in the Summer months, whereas the San Luis Obispo beach wedding venues will provide cooler temperatures. The good news is that even in the warmer months, inland SLO sill has gorgeous evenings that are cool so brides can dance, shout, and drink the night away!
Affordable wedding venues in San Luis Obispo are hard to find so if you are trying to save some money then consider planning a wedding in the shoulder months from November-February. Not only do wedding venues and vendors such as San Luis Obispo wedding photographers sometimes offer reduced rates, but this time of year is also outside tourist season so it will be easier and more affordable for wedding guests to find accommodations!
California Central Coast Wedding Photographers
Serving San Luis Obispo wedding clients for nearly a decade, I can say without hesitation the California Central Coast is one of the most beautiful locations for a stunning, affordable wedding. My hope is that you get the most kick ass images for your beach wedding or barn wedding. That is why if for some reason you are not connected with my San Luis Obispo photographer style or if I am already booked on your wedding date, here are some California Central Coast wedding photographers I would encourage you to check out!
- Austyn Elizabeth Photography
- Bluephoto Wedding Photography
- Alyssa Ruby Photography
- Mirrors Edge Photography
- Michael Stephens
- Nikkels Photography
- Dylan Kyle Photography