- 1 Sheraton San Diego Wedding
- 1.1 Sheraton Marina Hotel: Why It’s a Bride’s Dream San Diego Wedding Venue
- 1.2 What Makes The Sheraton Marina A Good Place To Take Wedding Photos
- 1.3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.3.1 Can I host both my wedding ceremony and reception at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina?
- 1.3.2 Is the venue suitable for larger weddings or only intimate ones?
- 1.3.3 I’m planning an Indian wedding; can the Sheraton accommodate specific customs like a Horse Baraat or Elephant Baraat?
- 1.3.4 Do they offer planning tools and assistance with organizing the wedding?
Sheraton San Diego Wedding
Jeremy and Cat’s marina wedding in San Diego was one I was looking forward to all year long. First of all, Jeremy is this inspiring dude with a job in the medical field, but his real passion is cycling. Personally, I think he is just trying to find any excuse to post photos of himself in tight spandex bicycle shorts but whatever. I still look at the bicycle short photos with Jeremy all oiled up and click the like button no matter how gay that makes me look. Why? Because I’m comfortable with my sexuality and am 100% for equal rights. Then we have the bride, Cat. She is also in the business of giving a shit about other people. As a nurse, she gives her energy to helping those who break bones from trampoline fails, moped accidents and stuff even worse than that. Cat you’re awesome! Below are some photos from their Sheraton San Diego wedding.
Oh, and a special shout out to all-star wedding guest Carlos had the dance floor rocking. Carlos, the best man, nearly got attacked during his speech to proclaim his love for the Denver Broncos. In fact, later that evening he mentioned to me in private about a fantasy he had that involved John Elway, Peyton Manning, a horse and a hot tub.
Sheraton Marina Hotel: Why It’s a Bride’s Dream San Diego Wedding Venue
There are a ton of rad San Diego wedding venues, yet the Sheraton Marina Hotel on Harbor Island Drive distinctly sets itself apart. As the pamphlet says, this venue artfully marries the tranquil charm of a seaside backdrop with the grandeur of a luxury resort, creating the perfect setting for your dream day. Whatever that means! But honestly, it is a pretty cool spot if you are looking for an all inclusive indoors and outdoors venue. As in you can have an outdoor wedding and then party your ass of indoors for your reception. Here are 3 additional reasons why you should consider The Sheraton for your destination wedding in San Diego, California.
- Accommodations for Guests. After the festivities, there’s no need for long drives or arranging transportation. In fact, your wedding guests can crash out in their rooms on-site! This is especially beneficial for those wedding guest who got white girl wasted at your wedding reception.
- Central Location. Nestled in the heart of San Diego, the Sheraton Marina Hotel offers proximity to some of the city’s most iconic attractions. Guests can explore the historic Gaslamp Quarter, embark on a maritime adventure at the USS Midway Museum, or enjoy a leisurely stroll at Seaport Village. It’s not just a wedding venue; it’s an opportunity to experience all the cool shit going on in downtown San Diego.
- Activities Galore. For those extending their stay for your destination wedding, the nearby San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, and a plethora of beachfront activities offer a ton of fun things-to-do.
What Makes The Sheraton Marina A Good Place To Take Wedding Photos
So, this was my first time shooting at the Sheraton event space, and overall I would say it was very much your standard hotel wedding vibe. Yes, the marina area had some cool spots for photos after the ceremony, but the grand ballroom for reception is pretty much the same style you would get at any upscale hotel wedding venue. Now, that isn’t a bad thing! But rather, as a wedding photographer, I am pointing out there isn’t a significant difference between the Sheraton and other waterfront weddings like the Baia.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I host both my wedding ceremony and reception at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina?
Yes! The Sheraton on Island Drive, San Diego, CA, offers both indoor and outdoor settings. Whether you’re dreaming of a garden wedding on the Garden Terrace overlooking the marina or an elegant indoor affair in the Grand Ballroom, they’ve got you covered. And with 62 event spaces, there’s one perfect for your wedding day.
Is the venue suitable for larger weddings or only intimate ones?
Both. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina is versatile. Their largest event space accommodates up to 2,500 guests. For smaller gatherings, the Point Loma A room fits 120, and Harbor Island 1 caters to 475. Whatever your guest list size, they have an event space to match.
I’m planning an Indian wedding; can the Sheraton accommodate specific customs like a Horse Baraat or Elephant Baraat?
Yes, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina is one of the few San Diego wedding venues that can literally host your guests and elephants lol. They allow outside catering, Horse Baraat, Elephant Baraat, Car Baraat, and even ceremonial flames. They’re ready to help you celebrate your traditions with flair on your California wedding day.
Do they offer planning tools and assistance with organizing the wedding?
Yes, the Sheraton provides on-site event planners and coordinators. They’re well-versed in hosting events at this specific venue, and can be very helpful on your real wedding day.
Sheraton San Diego Hotel Address: 1380 Harbor Island Drive. San Diego, California 92101 USA