Alcazar Palm Springs Wedding
Chris & Jeremy’s Palm Springs Wedding
Holy Freaking Sh*t! Yes that is how I chose to start this journal entry about Chris and Jeremy’s most epic Palm Spring wedding ever! The reason? Because everything about their wedding was rad, making it difficult for me to even know where to start. Maybe I could start by telling you how emotional it got during the wedding ceremony when Lou (Jeremy’s uncle & wedding officiant) talked about how happy Jeremy’s father would have been to be receiving the gift of another son on his birthday? And yes the couple got married on what would have been Jeremy’s father’s birthday. Or maybe I could talk about how everyone jumped in the Alcazar pool at the end of the Palm Springs wedding? When there are so many awesome moments throughout the day it is difficult to determine where to begin, so all I can say is this. Chris and Jeremy’s wedding was everything a wedding should be, and if I could photograph weddings like theirs all year long I would die a very happy human. But for those looking for a quick recap here it goes:
- The grooms got ready at the Colony Palms Hotel
- After getting ready, the wedding party headed off to Casa de Monte Vista for a morning wedding in the garden
- The Palm Springs wedding ceremony was perfection
- Everybody had an amazing brunch, and then the wedding party went off to the desert for some photos
- We took a little break so the guys and their wedding guests could get their afternoon swim on (life hack: a tan man is a happy man)
- I picked up Chris and Jeremy and we cruised through Palm Springs for more photos
- The reception was at Alcazar and it went f***ing off. I can literally still envision Chris dancing to Whitney Houston
- I went to a liquor store soaking wet from jumping in the pool, with no shoes, and purchased a 6 pack before heading back to my hotel
Below are a handful of Chris and Jeremy’s Palm Springs wedding photos. I hope you enjoy these moments as much as I enjoyed capturing them.
Palm Springs Sexy Ass Grooms
The Start of SLYEWOOLF (as told by Jeremy): The PG version (that our families know) is that my fraternity brother lived in Chris’ building when we both lived in Washington DC, and introduced us at a bar one Sunday Funday because we were both event planners at the time. There are a few more details to it (I traded pants with someone in the middle of the bar) but that’s the gist of it.
Palm Springs Wedding Planning:
- Choosing Alcazar as the Palm Springs Wedding Venue: We love that we get to take over the resort to have a memorable weekend with friends and family for 3 full days.
- The Vibe: It will be a good mix of sophistication (beautiful poolside dinner with lights strung overhead) and a FUN, kick-ass dance party.
- Dinner: The food is being catered by F10 so everything should be delish.
- EPIC Ending: There’s a pool we can all jump into at the end.
Synchronized Swimmers At Wedding
Aqualillies Palm Springs
Chris and Jeremy are two fine-dressed and equally fine-looking gents who really know how to throw a kick ass party. So needless to say when it came to their Palm Springs wedding at Alcazar everyone knew it was going to be lit, off-the-chain, epic, or as Gwen Stefani might say b-a-n-a-n-a-s. You get the point. However, I don’t think any of the wedding guests could have imagined the surprise during the reception when the Aqualillies strolled out in full pink attire + swim caps and began a poolside synchronized swimming routine. The energy was so high and excitement was level 10 when the girls began performing, but my favorite part was not all the splish splashing of talented and attractive women in the pool. My favorite part was the look on Jeremy and Chris’ faces during the performance. They were both so happy that all their guests were truly enjoying themselves. It really says a lot about the character of Chris & Jeremy that on their wedding day they were still concerned about other people having an awesome time.
THANK YOU to the dynamic SLYEWOOLF duo of Chris and Jeremy for allowing me to document your epic Palm Springs wedding at Alcazar! Seriously, you two f**king awesome humans can throw one hell of a party, and I really hope to make it down to San Diego to one of your amazing parties or at least for some drinks in the near future! I had such a great time getting to know you both throughout the wedding planning process, as well as all meeting your friends and family at the wedding. I sincerely wish you both a lifetime of happiness, good health, adventure, themed parties, top-shelf cocktails, and shirt-shredding flamingo fiestas!
Those interested in more Palm Springs wedding photography can check out David & Leslie’s Casa de Monte Vista wedding photos that I captured a couple days after Chris and Jeremy’s epic Palm Springs wedding extravaganza!
Leave a reply